struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: [OT] MacOS X Java/Struts development (was RE: [OT] Maven (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts 1.2.0 Test Build available))
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:36:39 GMT
<snip>
Feeling Like I Just Started Another OS Shouting Match
</snip>

Yeh, cos windows is like really really g00d. Yeh.
All us 133t h@xx0r d00ds use it n' stuff. So dont be like putting it down
cos its totally >>> 133t <<< and like .net will t0t@11y owns linux and mac
soon. Yeh.

Ye gods! Mother warned me about staying up past bedtime. Looks like its all
true.
(Im outta here. Night all!)

;->

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Engle [mailto:struts@andyengle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 March 2004 00:24
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] MacOS X Java/Struts development (was RE: [OT] Maven
(was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts 1.2.0 Test Build available))

"Nguyen, Hien" <hien.nguyen@gs.com> wrote:

> I'm using Panther (OS X 10.3) with Eclipse, tomcat, mySQL and things
> are working perfectly fine.  The latest JDK on OS X is 1.4.2.

Same here.  I like it all pretty well, but the only minor drawback is
that sometimes I think the Eclipse interface in OS X is a little
clunky.  But that's just with Eclipse -- you might find that other IDEs
aren't that way.  All the other great features of OS X definitely make
up for it though.

I don't see how you could go wrong with getting rid of your Windoze
setup.  And after how many hours I spent in a failed effort yesterday
trying to simply *install* XP on my in-laws computer, I'd encourage you
to!  I have no plans of ever going back to the Windoze world -- enough
of that pathetic junk is enough.

Feeling Like I Just Started Another OS Shouting Match,
Andy