struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject [OT] extension [WAS] RE: Action not forwarding to another Action
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:57:15 GMT
Wow, that's almost like me setting the mapping extension to .asp and
confusing the heck out of the people I was talking too.  Has that issue come
up?

<<An Obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goal>>

-----Original Message-----
From: Au-Yeung, Stella H [mailto:stella.au-yeung@eds.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 5:51 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Action not forwarding to another Action

Hi:
   I have a similar problem that I can't invoke OrderSearchAction.exe from
OrderMaintainAction.  I set a debug breakpoint at the beginning of
OrderSearchAction and never get there.

    <action    path="/app/DeleteOrder"
               type="com.cat.action.OrderMaintainAction"
               name="OrderFormBean"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
        <forward name="Content" path="/app/ListOfOrder.exe" redirect="true"
/>
        <forward name="ContentError" path="/app/DeleteError.jsp"/>
    </action>

    <action    path="/app/ListOfOrder"
               type="com.cat.action.OrderSearchAction"
               name="OrderSearchFormBean"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
        <forward name="Content" path="/app/ListOfOrder.jsp"/>
	<forward name="ContentError" path="/app/OrderError.jsp"/>

    </action>

I have two other questions:
1) Can someone also tell me if I have a "Request attribute" defined in
OrderMaintainAction, if the above redirection works, will I be able to see
the same "Request attribute" in OrderSearchAction?
2) A general question: if formA is linked to formB through a 'link'.   If I
click on the 'link' in formA, can I get to the passed parameter of FormA by
doing Request.geParameter("id") or I can only retrieve 'id' throught a
'submit' rather than through a 'link'?

Thanks for any help!

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation
(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.