struts-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salgado <salgado...@04web.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve a Variable From the DynaActionForm
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:23:38 GMT
On 24/03/2004 06:07, "Caroline Jen" <jiapei_jen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In my Struts application, postForm is of the
> DynaActionForm type:
> DynaActionForm postForm = ( DynaActionForm )form;
>
> Later on, I want to save one of the fields "receiver",
> which is a String, in the request context. Which is
> the following is the correct syntax?
>
> request.setAttribute( "Receiver", postForm.get(
> "receiver") );
>
> Or
>
> request.setAttribute( "Receiver", ( String
> )postForm.get( "receiver") );

  I think they are equivalent.

  Later, if you use request.getAttribute("Receiver"); (getAttribute always
returns an object) you would still need to cast to String, if you wanted to
do something with the object.

  If you just want to print you just need to use <c:out
value='${request.Receiver}'/> in any of the cases described above.

Pedro Salgado