struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nilesh" <verifyurcont...@hotmail.com>
Subject Action Not working/getting called
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:15:19 GMT
I am a struts newbie, but have done a few forms in Struts.
In my current application, for a particular form when I click the Submit button the form gets
submitted to itself, and all the textboxes I had filled before submitting get cleared. It
doesnot go to VendorEntry.do

I am using DBCP to connect to mySQL

Can anybody please help me out. I have already invested a lot of time in it.

The "VendorEntryAction.java" & " VendorEntryForm.java" have been successfuly compiled
n I am ready with these classes

following is a snap from         vendorEntry.jsp -----> the 1 which has the problem

   path="/VendorEntry" type="vendor.VendorEntryAction">
   <forward name="detailsentered" path="/detailsenteredsuccessfully.jsp"/>
   <forward name="alreadyexists" path="/alreadyreg.jsp"/>
   <forward name="cudnotinsert" path="/erroroccured.jsp"/>
  </action>"
  name="vendorEntryForm"
  type="vendor.VendorEntryForm">
<form name="form1" method="post" action="">
    -----------
    ----------- text boxes
    -----------n Submit button
</form>

Entry in My struts-config.xml for this jsp looks like this...

<form-beans>
    ---------------other entries
    ---------------
     <form-bean name="vendorEntryForm" type="vendor.VendorEntryForm"/>
</form-beans>

<action input="/vendorEntry.jsp" name="vendorEntryForm"
   path="/VendorEntry" type="vendor.VendorEntryAction">
   <forward name="detailsentered" path="/detailsenteredsuccessfully.jsp"/>
   <forward name="alreadyexists" path="/alreadyreg.jsp"/>
   <forward name="cudnotinsert" path="/erroroccured.jsp"/>
</action>

Please tell me the probabale reasons.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,