struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Semi-OT: Saving state when using EJB Session Beans and Struts
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:35:27 GMT
On 03/01/2004 05:47 PM Smith, Darrin wrote:
> In short, the Actions will be calling various Stateful Session Beans to do
> the actual work.  These are used for various reasons with the main one being
> their built-in transaction support (online orders...need to be either
> done...or not done). How should state be handled and at what level
> (page...request...session...) in the upstream struts portion?

Hmmm. Thought someone more knowledgeable would answer this, and was
waiting with interest myself. Oh well. Without too much experience with
EJBs myself, I can say a couple of things: the gurus say 'use the
business delegate pattern with an EJB session facade'. Secondly, it
depends heavily on what your stateful session beans are holding as
state. Care to name something?

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2