struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject [FRIDAY] YA Stuts In Action / JUnit in Action Trivia Quiz
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:47:34 GMT
Last time, we asked contestants to recite the "jingle" from The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester
and the "Fear" litany from Dune -OR-  name  two favorite changes, improvements, or new additions
to theStruts Nightly Build since 1.1 was released (now known as Struts 1.2.0 <yeah! />).

The sought answers were:

Demolished Man:

"Tenser, said the Tensor. Tenser, said the Tensor. Tension, apprehension, and dissension have
begun."

Dune:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone
past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

As to favorite changes, we had votes for

* Maven project files (still under development!)

* Tiles EL Tag Library

* Session-Scoped ActionMessages

* Struts-Chain (still unreleased)

Of coursem, we had several correct responses. The lucky winner, selected arbitrarily, is:

	RANDY DILLON

(Randy, please send your surface mail address to husted@apache.org, and
indicate whether you would like JUnit in Action or Struts in Action)

----

NEXT:

To play, correctly answer  -- *DIRECTLY* to me at HUSTED@APACHE.ORG -- one or both of these
questions.

(1) One of the original creators of JUnit now works on a popular open source IDE (with some
excellent Struts addins!). Name this computer scientist.

-OR-

(2) A SF author, best know for his "edgy" short stories, wrote one of the first Star Treck
episodes dealing with time travel. Later, he served as the creative consultant for another
popular TV series, in which time travel plays a pivotal role. Name this SF author and his
single Star Trek episode.

<Send your answers to HUSTED@APACHE.ORG>

----

Contestants sending -- *DIRECTLY* to me at HUSTED@APACHE.ORG -- correct answers to the to
the Computer question *OR* the SF question to me will be eligible for the next drawing. (the
correct answers being the ones I expect). Prior winners excluded (but feel free to play anyway).

The contest will run until Thursday, March 11, 2004, 23:59:59, so everyone  has a chance to
participate.

The lucky winner selected from the correct responses will receive theirchoice of either a
signed copy of Struts in Action *OR* JUnit in Action.

(Signed only by me, I'm afraid, my co-authors are scattered across the globe -- gotta love
the Internet!)

    PLEASE be sure to reply to HUSTED@APACHE.ORG.

If you have an interesting science fiction or computer science question that is hard, or at
least fun, to google, please send it to me. The first to suggest a question that we use also
wins!

-Ted.

    PLEASE be sure to reply to HUSTED@APACHE.ORG.