struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jiin-Her Lu" <J...@kcc.usda.gov>
Subject Re: <logic:iterate> ... <logic:equal> question? SELECTED ATTRIBUTE
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:41:37 GMT
In you ActionForm java class, you have to define the selectedCountry instance variable. For
example
public MyForm extends ActionForm {

private String [] selectedCountry = {}; // if the option is multiple selection (check box
or multiple selection listbox)
// private String selectCountry;            // if the option is single selection (radio button
or dropdown box)

// generate getter and setter method based on the above variable)

}

When Struts populates the data, it checks the selectedCountry array in your form. If the country
is found in your ActionForm, Struts automatically adds "selected" to that item (country).
You don't have to do anything as long as your ActionForm class defined correctly.

I have done for radio button, checkbox, dropdown box, single and multiple listbox. They work
well!

Jiin-Her Lu
(816) 926-2145

>>> jpmorganh@yahoo.com 02/02/04 11:47AM >>>
How does one add selected attribute if I want one the
option to have the SELECTED attribute