struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: How to set properties on actions?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:15:49 GMT
"set-property" refers to a property of the *action-mapping*, not the
*action*.  The class which needs to define "noTransferDays" should
extend org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping, and is specified in
the XML using the "className" attribute (as opposed to "type").

Then in your Action, cast the ActionMapping which is passed into
execute() to the necessary type, or use Commons BeanUtils to get the
property.

Joe

At 8:15 PM -0500 2/3/04, Eric SCHULTZ wrote:
>Good evening...
>
>i'm trying to use set-property on my action, in struts-config.xml i have:
><action path="/BillPayment"
>type="com.elixonline.TECO.ivr.CustomerInformation.BillPayment">
>     <set-property property="noTransferDays" value="MONDAY"/>
></action>
>
>and my class defines
>public void setNoTransferDays(String string) {
>	noTransferDays = string;
>}
>
>but i always get the following error in Tomcat 4.1.27 when i start the
>application:
>javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
>
>if i comment out just the set-property then the application starts no
>problem.
>
>any ideas?  i couldn't find anything in the mail archive or the Struts site
>(all the set-property references were for plug-ins and datasources).
>
>Eric Schultz.

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com