struts-user mailing list archives

From <...@rayc.brevsville.com.au>
Subject Re: [Friday] Java in Aus
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 05:48:22 GMT
It's pretty simply really.

Working Visa's are granted on he basis of demand for skills, being a
petrol station attendant won't get you a working visa, being a hospitality
worker will.

The jobs market in IT is depressed right, now as just like everyone else,
the IT jobs go to India and China who work for 50c / hour. If you look at the
job ads on the web here in AU (www.seek.com.au) you will see that a large
percentage of them require specilised skills.

Working visa points allocation must follow the demand for skills or what
is the point of it?

Chris