struts-user mailing list archives

From ru...@albany.edu
Subject Re: Setting nocache
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:19:35 GMT
Hi Jay:
 Thanks for the response. That didn't have the intended result but, it
appears to be working when I look at the headers.
 Maybe my goal's not clear?
 Outline of steps in my web app. and where I want to prevent repost as
follows:
1) http://<host>:<port>/afadmin/
  presents login form

2) On successful login user info is stored in session and user is
forwarded to view:
http://<host>:<port>/afadmin/console.afr
At the moment this is just simple page with a header, menu, body and
footer.

 If you hit the refresh at this view the browser still has the post data
from the login view and if I click "OK" it re-sends the login information.

Is there a way to prevent the repost on the client end? Or, at least
indicate to the client that I'd like it to forget about the post
information from the previous view?
Or, am I approaching this incorrectly? Should I just ignore the re-post in
my loginAction ?
  I found this but, in my present state of mind (too darned tired) it
seems like overkill:
 http://www.livinglogic.de/Struts/

Thanks,
-Ryan