struts-user mailing list archives

From hgos...@csc.com.au
Subject Re: Regarding Client side Validations
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 06:36:05 GMT
The cancel button's value will be placed on the request iff it was
clicked... so you will test for its presence with something like:

if(request.getParameterValues("cancel") != null)
{
        // set your cancel forward mapping eg. clear the form.
}
else
{
        // set your submit forward mapping.
}

Hope that helps you.

Heya Gosper
CSC Australia
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612
Ph: +61 (0) 2 6246 8155  Fax: +61 (0) 2 62468100
MOB: 0401 611779
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

        cc:
        Subject:        Regarding Client side Validations

Hi All,

         I am performing Cleint side validation in an Add Employee form.
Here if i click the cancel button it should goes to the previous page
which
list employees.

         Here on click of sumbit button, i am calling my java script. But
even when i am clicking the cancel button, it is asking me the validations
that i am performed. For example if i give the text field for no it asks
enter.

         But i want to goes to the list employees page with out performing
the validation by clicking the Cancel button.

Here I am Callin the Script:

      name="EmployeeForm"
      type="com.summit.EmployeeForm" onsubmit="return FinalCheck();" >

In My Action:

if ( isCancelled(request) ) {

      // Cancel pressed back to employee list
      return (mapping.findForward("cancelemp"));
    }

What i have to do for this one.