struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: [OT] looking for a method that will be called on application startup
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:07:13 GMT
The ServletContextListener does exactly what you want.
When the web application starts the
ServletContextListener.contextInitialized() is
invoked passing you ServletContextEvent which contains the ServletContext.
These are guaranteed to be invoked before the web application can process
any requests. It's simply an interface which you implement (2 methods) then
define in your
web.xml file.

For more information refer to the Servlet 2.3 spec or higher.
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr053/index.html

robert