struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ramachandran" <ramachand...@summitworks.com>
Subject Regarding Client side Validations
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 06:30:57 GMT
Hi All,

         I am performing Cleint side validation in an Add Employee form.
Here if i click the cancel button it should goes to the previous page which
list employees.

         Here on click of sumbit button, i am calling my java script. But
even when i am clicking the cancel button, it is asking me the validations
that i am performed. For example if i give the text field for no it asks to
enter.

         But i want to goes to the list employees page with out performing
the validation by clicking the Cancel button.

Here I am Callin the Script:

      name="EmployeeForm"
      type="com.summit.EmployeeForm" onsubmit="return FinalCheck();" >

In My Action:

if ( isCancelled(request) ) {

      // Cancel pressed back to employee list
      return (mapping.findForward("cancelemp"));
    }

What i have to do for this one.