struts-user mailing list archives

From "Slattery, Tim - BLS" <Slattery....@bls.gov>
Subject RE: what is controller servlet in struts framework
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:09:05 GMT
> I have been having a question. I do not understand what is
> the controller servlet in the struts framewrok. Is it the
> Action classes or struts-config.xml that is the controller
> servlet for struts framework. Please let me know

It's the Java servlet that is invoked whenever the browser invokes a *.do
URL. It reads struts-config.xml to determine what FormBean to create, parses
the arguments sent with the request to populate that bean, then passes the
bean to the execute method of the Action class specified by
struts-config.xml.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery@bls.gov