struts-user mailing list archives

From "Colin Foulkes" <colin.foul...@protegra.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Problems After Deploying to Tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:16:23 GMT
Ah... I think I see the problem....

I need to fully qualify my action names (and script paths) with the name of the application
(Prototype1) e.g.
<script language="javascript" src="/Prototype1/WSClient/scripts/XXX.js"></script>

This was apparently being magically handled by the html:form tag in the login.jsp page.

Is there a tag I could use to accomplish this same magic in my src attribute?

Also, assuming this is the same problem in my filter, is there some recognized way for handling
the forward in the filter.

Thanks
again

Colin

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Foulkes
Sent: February 3, 2004 9:47 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Newbie: Problems After Deploying to Tomcat

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the struts but have been able to get a small struts app working fine under
the internal Tomcat(4.0.6) in Netbeans. Everything here works fine.

When I try to run the app under a standalone Tomcat (4.1.29) I get two problems with my application.

1. I have created an authentication filter that forwards requests to my LoginAction if the
user isn't logged in. When running in the external Tomcat, this forward fails, with a status
404  The requested resource (/LoginAction.do) is not available.

2. When I remove the filter from the web.xml mappings, the application can find the LoginAction
fine (through my Login.jsp) and I'm happily insise the app. The Second problem I have is that
the first page I go to after the LoginAction (/WEB-INF/jsp/mainmenu.jsp) contains javascript
include references
<script language="javascript" src="/WSClient/scripts/XXX.js"></script>
These javascript files are not being loaded into my page.

Does anyone have any ideas why these problems are occurring, and have any solutions.

Thanks in advance

Colin