struts-user mailing list archives

From "Narayanan, Sunitha" <Sunitha.Naraya...@nike.com>
Subject Problem with the forward attribute in action
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:33:53 GMT
Hi,

I downloaded today's build of Struts 1.2 (Feb 3).

While defining an action mapping in the struts-config.xml

        <action path="/login" forward="site.login.page" />

Gives me an error No action instance for path /login.

     [java]  ERROR (RequestProcessor.java:327) - No action instance for path /lo
gin could be created

But when I specify it like this -  <action path="/login" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="site.login.page" />

It works fine. The method  of only specifying forward attribute has worked in the past with
struts 1.1 and also is shown as an example in the struts documentation.
Can u let me know if something has changed?

Thanks,
Sunitha