struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: error- no getter method for property of bean
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:08:12 GMT
> From: Frank Nguyen [mailto:franktnguyen@sbcglobal.net]
> javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method for property
> group_name of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

I didn't look at anything you attached, but based on this message I'd
encourage you to stick to property names like 'groupName' and get rid of
the underscores.  You should then have getGroupName() and setGroupName()
methods with exactly the same type (and no other similarly named methods
with different signatures).  For the rest of the rules, read the
JavaBeans specification.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.