struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mutreja, Shitij" <SMutr...@collegeboard.org>
Subject Tiles And Frames
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:35:54 GMT
Is there a good place/article/sample code  to check out, for mixing
framesets and tiles. The App that I am working on seems to need to use both.
Basically, we have to display content such that there are 2 frames, the left
one showing some text, while the right one accepts user input. Both these
also need to be scrollable separately.
Am reposting this question. Sorry am desperate for an answer. Has anyone
ever tried using framesets from within tiles instead of the other way
around?

My intention is to somehow include these frames within a Body tile. The
other issue is that there is also a footer tile, which might need to include
a frameset. The reason being the the control buttons need to always be
visible(without having to scroll to view them).

Here is what i tried:

Layout used for the Body:
		<tiles:insert attribute="quiz"/>
		<tiles:insert attribute="quizfooter"/>

quiz actually has a value in the tile-defs that points to the
quizcontent.jsp shown below:

			<frameset cols="20,720,*">
				<frame frameborder="0">
				<frameset cols="360,*">
					<frame frameborder="0"
src="/practicequizzes/quiz.jsp">
					<frame frameborder="0"
src="/practicequizzes/quiz.jsp">
				</frameset>
				<frame frameborder="0">
			</frameset>

The problem with this is that the "/practicequizzes/quiz.jsp" is never
actually sourced and I just see nothing in the body tile.

Thanks,

Shitij Mutreja
The College Board
11911 Freedom Drive, Suite 300