struts-user mailing list archives

From "Duggal, Sanjay" <sanjay.dug...@cgey.com>
Subject Using Validator To Avoid Database Trip
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:03:59 GMT
Hi All,
I have an "Edit Existing Record" screen. When the user clicks the Save
button on this screen, I'm supposed to store the changed data in the
database. However there may be a situation where the user leaves the data
unchanged & still presses the Save button. In this case, I want to avoid the
database trip. Can I achieve this using the Validator framework?
Thanks.
Sanjay

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.