struts-user mailing list archives

From BILODEAU Guillaume SOFRECOM <guillaume.bilod...@sofrecom.com>
Subject Re: REPOST: GZipping response with Servlet 2.2 / Struts 1.0
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:25:26 GMT
GZip compression on the web server using mod_gzip seemed like a suitable
solution to my problem, but unfortunately it is not usable in our environment:
the web server is shared by multiple applications and such a configuration
modification would require the approval of all other teams (which would be
incredibly lengthy, painful, and would probably end up being rejected).

Compression definitely has to be done at a code level.  Too bad we don't have
servlet filter support... :(

Thanks,
GB