struts-user mailing list archives

From Shaul Siboni <sh...@comsoft.co.il>
Subject Re: Newbie: Problems After Deploying to Tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:38:36 GMT
Hi,

Using JSTL you can:
<c:url value="/LoginAction.do" var="url">
     <c:param name="param1" value="val1"/>
     <c:param name="param2" value="val2"/>
</c:url>

HTH
--Shaul

Colin Foulkes wrote:

> Ah... I think I see the problem....
>
> I need to fully qualify my action names (and script paths) with the name of the application
(Prototype1) e.g.
> <script language="javascript" src="/Prototype1/WSClient/scripts/XXX.js"></script>
>
> This was apparently being magically handled by the html:form tag in the login.jsp page.
>
> Is there a tag I could use to accomplish this same magic in my src attribute?
>
> Also, assuming this is the same problem in my filter, is there some recognized way for
handling the forward in the filter.

> Thanks
> again
>
> Colin

under the internal Tomcat(4.0.6) in Netbeans. Everything here works fine.

> When I try to run the app under a standalone Tomcat (4.1.29) I get two problems with
my application.

> 1. I have created an authentication filter that forwards requests to my LoginAction if
the user isn't logged in. When running in the external Tomcat, this forward fails, with a
status 404  The requested resource (/LoginAction.do) is not available.

> 2. When I remove the filter from the web.xml mappings, the application can find the LoginAction
fine (through my Login.jsp) and I'm happily insise the app. The Second problem I have is that
the first page I go to after the LoginAction (/WEB-INF/jsp/mainmenu.jsp) contains javascript
include references