struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject [FRIDAY] YA Stuts In Action / JUnit in Action Trivia Quiz
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:04:10 GMT
Last time, we asked contestants to name for a popular science fiction series that featured
a psi cop named after a science fiction author

1 The series (Babylon 5)

2 The character (Alfred Bester)

3 The actor who played the character (Walter Koenig)

4 The character this actor played in another famous science fiction series (Chekov)

*OR* to list the twelve core practices of Extreme Programming.

----

Turn out was low for this contest, so either the questions were hard, or this bit is getting
stale :)

Anyway, last week's winner is:

* MELISSA L KELLEY

(Melissa, please send your surface mail address to husted@apache.org, and indicate whether
you would like JUnit in Action or Struts in Action)

----

NEXT:

To play, correctly answer  -- directly to me at husted@apache.org -- one or both of these
questions.

In The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester, a character used a jingle to help keep himself from
being "scanned".

  1 The first word of the chant is "Tenser". How does the rest of it go?

In Dune by Frank Herbert, a character used a litany to help him through a time of stress.

  2 The first word of the chant is "Fear". How does the rest of it go?

*OR*

  + Name your two favorite changes, improvements, or new additions to the Struts Nightly Build
since 1.1 was released. Hint: <http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes.html>.
One more addition, currently in progress, is to add a "module" parameters to several tags
to allow linking between modules. [Yes, 1.2.0 will be along shortly :)]

----

Contestants sending -- directly to me at husted@apache.org -- correct answers to the to the
bonus question *OR* the SF question to me will be eligible for the next drawing. (the correct
answers being the ones I expect). Prior winners excluded (but feel free to play anyway).

The contest will run until Thursday, January 15, 2004, 23:59:59, so everyone has a chance
to participate.

The lucky winner selected from the correct responses will receive their choice of either a
signed copy of Struts in Action *OR* JUnit in Action.

(Signed only by me, I'm afraid, my co-authors are scattered across the globe -- gotta love
the Internet!)

    PLEASE be sure to reply to husted@apache.org.

If you have an interesting science fiction or computer science question that is hard, or at
least fun, to google, please send it to me. The first to suggest a question that we use also
wins!

-Ted.

    PLEASE be sure to reply to husted@apache.org.

--