struts-user mailing list archives

From mariel hizon <elab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: unsuccessful in keyboard monkey's nesting tutorial... please help :)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:58:36 GMT

Hi! Actually, i just downloaded the nest extension tutorial war file from www.keyboardmonkey.com
and tried to make it work.  This jsp code (the <nested:text part) is just to check if the
nested-tags.tld is working. Apparently it's not, because when i changed the <nested: text
to <html:text, i didn't get an error, so i guess it really is the nested extension that
won't run. I browsed a lot of mail archives and saw that some people also had a problem with
it, though their solution doesn't work for me.

I'm wondering if it's possible that the nested-tags.tld and the nested_tags.jar included in
the war tutorial are not compatible with the jars that i have? I hope someone can help me.
Thanks!

part of tutorial.jsp ... everything's fine if i just change the <nested:text to <html:
text ... i don't know why i keep getting "cannot find bean null in any scope" with <nested:
text ...

  Monkey Name: <nested:text property="monkeyName" /><br>
  Monkey Age: <nested:text property="monekyAge" /><br>