struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <David.K...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: out> tag inside <html:text> tag
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:48:49 GMT
As other posters pointed out, just use Struts-EL, and you'll end up
with:

 name="Customer"
 property ="Name"
 maxlength="256"
 size="256"
 style="${styleVar}"
 />

Note that I recommend using the same prefix with Struts-EL as you do
with the base library, although my earlier "documentation" (and I use
the term loosely :) ) implies using "html-el".  Using the same prefix
will make it easier to transition to JSP 2.0, which won't use Struts-EL
(because it's not needed).

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Mohan [mailto:rahul_mohan@pune.tcs.co.in]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 11:48 PM
To: struts
Subject: <c:out> tag inside <html:text> tag

Hi...I am facing some problems with using JSTL tags inside struts tags.

This is the piece of code I wrote for my application:

 name="Customer"
 property ="Name"
 maxlength="256"
 size="256"
 style="<c:out value="${styleVar}"/>"
 />

the problem is that it is getting traslated to

 name="w_CustomerWin"
 property ="wca_Name"
 maxlength="256"
 size="256"
style="width:100;height:22;position:absolute;top:20;left:56;display:none
;"
 />

in the final html page!!

can anybody please tell me why the <html:text> tag is not getting
translated to <input type="text .....> ?

thank you..

Rahul Mohan
MasterCraft Group
Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Research Development and Design Center
54B, Hadapsar Industrial Estate
Pune - 411 013
Phone: +91 4042333 or 4031122 Extn 2541
            +91 471 3129787  ( Mobile )