struts-user mailing list archives

From Eric SCHULTZ <Eric.SCHU...@elixonline.com>
Subject Re: Basic question on /lib/*.jar files
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:42:07 GMT
Good afternoon...

>> From: Claire Wall
>> Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:25:29 -0800
>>
>> we store them in the common/lib folder. Then all applications running >>
on that web server have access to the jars and negates the need for >> them
to go into the separate WEB-INF/lib folders for each application.

please review section 5.6 of the struts user's guide:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/configuration.html

struts jar files should go with your application.

also, in order to be able to reproduce exact environments at certain points
in time it is necessary to store the libraries with the code that depends on
them.

Eric Schultz.