struts-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick J. Nolan, Jr." <patjno...@comcast.net>
Subject Report4Format: Setter on Property (of type Map) Not Getting Called After Form Submit
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:00:34 GMT
The bean that I am working with is NOT an ActionForm - just a POJO - I don't think this should
matter. I see that the "getter" method is getting called correctly by checking my System.out
statements. However, when I submit the form, the "setter" method does not execute. I get no
error message. Any ideas?

Here is the code of the POJO that is put into the session:

public class ConfigurableRAUser {
    private Map configurableCategoryGroup = new HashMap();

    // this method DOES get called correctly
    public Object getGroupMappedByCategoryId(String key) {
        System.out.println("------------------ getting groupMappedById key: " + key);
        System.out.println("------------------ returning Groupid from key: " + configurableCategoryGroup.get(key)
);
        return configurableCategoryGroup.get(key);
    }

    // this method does NOT get called. why??
    public void setGroupMappedByCategoryId(String key, Object value) {
        System.out.println("------------------ setting groupMappedById key: " + key);
        System.out.println("------------------ setting groupMappedById val: " + value);
        configurableCategoryGroup.put(key, value);
    }

    [...]
}

Here is the presentation code:

              <logic:iterate name="toPolicyCategoryWebList" id="foo">
                  <bean:write name="foo" property="policyCategoryName"/>
                  <bean:define id="groupList" name="foo" property="allPolicyGroups"/>
                  <bean:define id="catId" name="foo" property="primaryKey"/>
styleClass="flDropdown">

              </logic:iterate>

If you have any ideas, please let me know :) Thanks!!!

Patrick J. Nolan, Jr.