struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bradley Beddoes" <b.bedd...@iinet.net.au>
Subject RE: action global forward extension
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:48:11 GMT
Craig,
Thanks a lot, I somehow missed that warning statement on that document,
I had read it before posting here.

Cheers,
Bradley

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 February 2004 4:18 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: action global forward extension

Quoting Bradley Beddoes <b.beddoes@iinet.net.au>:

> Hi All.
>
> I wish to have some global forwards invoked as .do others as .do2 (so
as
> to differentiate what filters get hit with the differing requests), Is
> this possible within struts? (Please see struts.conf below)

Struts supports only one mapping to the controller servlet.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/configuration.html#dd_config_
mapping

Since you are using extension mapping, one thing to consider is to
create an
artificial "directory" level in your action paths ("/foo/setup.do" and
"/bar/teardown.do" instead of "setup.do" and "teardown.do2").  That way,
you
can have different filters on "/foo/*" and "/bar/*".

Craig