struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bradley Beddoes" <b.bedd...@iinet.net.au>
Subject action global forward extension
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:47:39 GMT
Hi All.

I wish to have some global forwards invoked as .do others as .do2 (so as
to differentiate what filters get hit with the differing requests), Is
this possible within struts? (Please see struts.conf below)

At the moment I have been trialling it and have searched the web without
much luck on how to implement this properly.

It seems that after accessing an action (successfully through all steps)
with a .do2 extension that actions with a .do extension seem to
magically change to a .do2 extension which is playing havoc with my
design. Especially between the change_qa_password action(.do) and
change_expired_password / accept_it_facilities_rules  both do2 actions.

(All actions are multi step forms, all forms start off with their
correct extension it is only after submitting the first and subsequent
steps that the extension will change)

Any help would be appreciated if you can understand what I am trying to
achieve here, I realize this explanation is a touch convoluted but it's
a hard one to get across.

(Apologies if this message got dual postings I received a message back
saying the original was blocked due to some virus detected or other
reasons, scans of my machine show no trace of any virus related problems
so I have tried again, I also scan every piece of outbound email so its
really weird)

Cheers,
Bradley

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd">
<struts-config>

  <global-forwards>
    <forward name="home"
path="qa_account_details.do"/>
    <forward name="qaAccountDetails" path="qa_account_details.do"/>
    <forward name="changeQaPassword" path="change_qa_password.do"/>
    <forward name="physicalAccessList" path="physical_access_list.do"/>
    <forward name="accountList"
path="account_list.do"/>
    <forward name="accountDetails"
path="account_details.do"/>
    <forward name="retrieveRules" path="it_facilities_rules.do"/>
    <forward name="expiredPassword" path="change_expired_password.do2"/>
    <forward name="acceptRules" path="accept_it_facilities_rules.do2"/>
    <forward name="logout"
path="logout.do"/>
  </global-forwards>

  <action-mappings>
    <action path="/qa_account_details"
            type="company.action.QaAccountDetailsAction"
            name="accountDetails"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
    <forward name="qaAccountDetailsPage"
path="/accounts/access/index.jsp" />
    <action path="/change_qa_password"
            type="au.edu.qut.trs.action.ChangeAccountPasswordAction"
            name="changeAccountPassword"
            input="/accounts/access/change_password.jsp"
            validate="true"
            suffix=".do" >
      <forward name="changeAccountPasswordPage"
path="/accounts/access/change_password.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/physical_access_list"
            type="company.action.PhysicalAccessListAction"
            name="physicalAccessList"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="physicalAccessListPage"
path="/accounts/physical_access/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/account_list"
            type="company.action.AccountListAction"
            name="accountList"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="accountListPage"
path="/accounts/other/account_group/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/account_details"
            type="company.action.AccountDetailsAction"
            name="accountDetails"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="accountDetailsPage"
path="/accounts/other/account_group/details.jsp" />
    </action>
    </action>
    <action path="/it_facilities_rules"
            type="company.action.RetrieveRulesAction"
            name="retrieveRules"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="showITRulesPage"
path="/accounts/it_rules/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    </action>
        <action path="/accept_it_facilities_rules"
            type="company.action.AcceptRulesAction"
            name="acceptRules"
            input="/unauthenticated/accept_rules/index.jsp"
            validate="true">
      <forward name="showAcceptITRulesPage"
path="/unauthenticated/accept_rules/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/change_expired_password"
            type="company.action.ChangeExpiredPasswordAction"
            name="changeExpiredPassword"

input="/unauthenticated/expired_password/change_password.jsp"
            validate="true">
      <forward name="changeAccountPasswordPage"
path="/unauthenticated/expired_password/change_password.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/logout"
            type="company.action.LogoutAction"/>
  </action-mappings>