struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Hightower" <rhighto...@arc-mind.com>
Subject RE: Struts and Action errors
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:57:26 GMT
Did you put the messages in the resource bundle?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinicius Carvalho [mailto:carvalho.vinicius@superig.com.br]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 4:24 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Struts and Action errors

	Hi there! I'm a newbie to Struts, and this question may be a little silly,
sorry.
	How exactly do I use action errors? How do I render them? In my app, I
control the session via RequestProcessor using processPreProcess method. If
the session is invalid, I create a new error using
errors.add("sessionExpired",  new ActionError("errors.sessionExpired");

Well, and then I redirect the user to the desired login page, and there I
have

But nothing is shown. Also, in my actionForms, in the validate method, I
add errors using the same syntax and none are shown either.
In the Actions classes, the examples created by Websphere, I see that
everytime those actionErrors are saved using a method called saveErrors,
but this method is not static and belongs to Action class, the other
modules does not access it.

Any help?

Thanks