struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Multiple Beans one Action
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:02:36 GMT
> From: Eric C [mailto:chabere@wanadoo.fr]
> suppose I have 2 beans one beanA extends Action Form, the other beanB
> extends ValidatorForm. I have one Action class which needs
> data from both
> beans. How can I do that ?

AFAIK Struts is only going to populate one Form bean from one request.
But if your forms are session scoped you can retrieve any of them in the
Action code with session.getAttribute().

Not knowing a thing about your design, is it possible that this is one
of those apps that would benefit from having a single big Form bean with
all the properties, and then each HTML form may only use a subset?

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.