struts-user mailing list archives

From "Otto, Frank" <o...@delta-barth.de>
Subject AW: Access Applicationresources.properties from Action
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:12:12 GMT
No, getMessage(locale, "key") searchs for the italian file first. If it don't find it, it will
take the default file.

Regards,

Frank

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul McCulloch [mailto:paul.mcculloch@axiossystems.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Januar 2004 13:02
An: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Betreff: RE: Access Applicationresources.properties from Action

Is there an easy way to get the 'closest match' on terms of locales in the
request?

For example, my browser has it's request languages set to
Italian;French;English. My application's default properties file is in
English. There is a French properties file but not an Italian one.

So, when I ask for a value I want to get the French one. But getMessage()
will always return a value if the key exists in the default locale, so there
seems to be no way to try Italian first, then French, then English.

Any ideas?

Paul

**************************************
Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages
of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed
in this message are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise indicated
by an authorised representative independent of this message.
WARNING:
While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted via
electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that attachments do not contain computer virus
code.  You are therefore strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing
the attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding
performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage
howsoever caused.