struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Wall" <cw...@bea.com>
Subject Help: messagesPresent = true if JSP is served from ActionServlet
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:21:30 GMT
Hey there.

Noticed that messagesPresent is TRUE when a JSP is served from an
ActionServlet.  This causes logic within <messagesPresent> to be executed-
for example validation errors are inappropriately displayed.  This works
fine if the JSP is render directly, but a common practice is for all web
navigation to flow in and out of ActionServlets.

I'm assuming that this is happening because the request contains either
ActionMessages or ActionErrors or both.  I tried setting both to null within
the ActionServer before rendering the JSP (saveMessages(request, null); and
saveErrors(request, null);), but that did not work.  Argh.

How can I resolve this?  Thanks.

- Chris