struts-user mailing list archives

From "VENKATESH GANGAL" <venkatesh_...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Blank page after form validation
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:56:21 GMT
Hi All,

We have been facing a very strange problem with form validation

We have a JSP which is an input to an action and there is an associated form bean to validate
the form.

Here is the configuaration file
struts-config.xml:
<form-beans>
        <form-bean     name="summaryForm"
                       type="com.xxx.yyy.zzz.core.view.SummaryForm">

    	</form-bean>
</form-beans>

<action    path="/summaryEdit"
	  type="com.xxx.yyy.zzz.core.controller.SummaryAction"
	      	           name="summaryForm"
	      	           scope="session"
	      	           validate="true"
	      	           input="/casefolder-jsp/summaryEdit.jsp">
	      	  <forward name="workflowEdit"   path="/casefolder-
           jsp/workflowEdit.jsp"/>
</action>

<message-resources parameter="MessageResources"/>

     <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"
                     value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,
                            /WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
  </plug-in>

validation.xml :

<form-validation>
    <formset>
                <form name="summaryEditForm">
	                   <field property="productRef"
	                           depends="required">
	                       <arg0   key="form.error.productRef"/>
                       </field>
                </form>
    </formset>

</form-validation>

MessageResources.properties
form.error.productRef = Please enter Product Reference

FormBean Validation method :

 public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,HttpServletRequest request)
   {
	   //ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping, request);
		if ((productRef == null) || (productRef.trim().length()< 1)){
						errors.add ("productRef",new ActionError("form.error.productRef"));
		}

	   return errors ;
   }

Here is the JSP

	<head><html:base />

 </head>

When I submit this form without entering anything in the textfield, it is taking me to a blank
page.

Can anyone let me know why this is happening? It is not going to the action at all and is
returning with errors to the JSP.I am not able to reach the page from where I submitted the
data along with errors.The error was added to ActionErrors object.

We are using oc4j(Oracle Apps) standalone application.We are using struts 1.1

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers...
Venkatesh