struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Alsopp <rick_als...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Struts EJB deployment
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:31:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

Background:
=========
I have spent a couple of years with J2EE and am a recent convert to Struts.  I have successfully
run all the Struts examples and developed some of my own (deployed using Tomcat 4.1.27).
However, I am now in the process of developing Struts components to interface with a number
of EJBs that I have previously developed (deployed using JBoss 3.2.1).  Although I don't have
any prob's with incorporating both technologies (yet), I AM having problems when attempting
to deploy Struts + EJBs.

Development Environment:
===================
Eclipse 2.1.2
Lomboz 2.1.2
Struts 1.1
Easy Struts 0.6.4
JBoss 3.1.2
JBossIDE
Tomcat 4.1.27
Sysdeo
Apache 1.3

Question:
=======
Does anyone have any advice on container choice/combination/configuration for Struts/EJB deployment?

I am considering running JBoss and Tomcat separately, but have also considered using JBoss
3.2.2 (bundled with Tomcat).  I have found much info on people who are running different configs
for this purpose, but have found little if no useful info on getting the two to work together.
:-|

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,

Rick Alsopp.

  Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger
Now