struts-user mailing list archives

From Raphaël di Cicco <raphael.dici...@atosorigin.com>
Subject [OT] Eclipse/Tomcat WebappLoader
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:10:35 GMT
Hi,

I know this is a little off topic but this has to do with J2EE deployment so it might be useful
for some people.
In my environment, I use Eclipse with Struts 1.1, Tomcat 4.1 and Sun JDK 1.4. Eclipse makes
it possible to recompile and redeploy my classes every time I change them. This is very convenient.

I understand that the WebAppLoader reloads the whole application if there is a change in one
of the files.

However, I have a static class that loads an enormous amount of data into memory. Therefore
after 2 or 3 changes in my code I run into a OutOfMemory exception that is very annoying (the
exception usually occurs somewhere in Win32FileSystem.class).

I would like to prevent the webappLoader from reloading this particular class, and I know
that it is is possible to prevent a jar file from beeing reloaded, but I don't know about
a class.

Thanks in advance
Raphaël