struts-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Dias" <cd...@pontoc.pt>
Subject Declaring Definitions in a JSP Page
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:04:27 GMT
Since I need to integrate Cocoon into the Struts framework I though in using the plugin developed
by Don Brown.
The problem is that my web application use Tiles, and from what I read the plugin doesn't
support it.
But I try to create a test page with two links, one uses the cocoon architecture and the other
Struts with Tiles (using a JSP file to declare the tiles definitions) and it works!!!
The problem is that my real application uses the XML approach to declare the tiles definitions.
There are some features that I can't implement
using the JSP approach. By example:
<tiles-definitions>
<!-- main layouts -->
<definition name="doc.invLayout" path="/layouts/mainLayout.jsp">
<put name="title" value="Altaia ADSL - Cadastro"/>
<put name="head" value="/tiles/inv/head.jsp"/>
<put name="onLoad" value="preloadimages()"/>
<put name="header" value="/tiles/common/header.jsp"/>
<put name="body" value="doc.inv.body"/>
<put name="footer" value="/tiles/common/footer.jsp"/>
</definition>

<definition name="doc.inv.body" path="/layouts/invThreshBodyLayout.jsp">
<put name="tabsWin" value="/tiles/inv/tabsCatEnt.jsp"/>
<put name="treeWin" value="/tiles/inv/explorerWin.jsp"/>
<put name="dataWin" value="/tiles/inv/dataWin.jsp"/>
</definition>

In the "doc.invLayout" definition the "body" attribute is defined as another definition called
"doc.inv.body".
I already try to create the similar JSP file using the same idea, but doesn't work. I also
tried to attribute a new JSP definition
file to the body without success.

Please help me...

Best regards,