struts-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject RE: validatior framework - problem using mask
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:36:38 GMT
did you add
the oro-jar-file
from
http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/index.html
WEB-INF/lib  ?

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
-->
org/apache/oro/text/perl/Perl5Uti

cheers,

-----Original Message-----
From: Pani R [mailto:pani_rd@lycos.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 8:23 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: validatior framework - problem using mask

Hi All:

I have 3 validation for a field: "required", "minLength" & "all
alphabets" (mask)

I get the following exception while validating:

[ERROR] Validator - -reflection: null
<java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException>java.lang.reflect.Invocatio
nTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/oro/text/perl/Perl5Util
	at
org.apache.commons.validator.GenericValidator.matchRegexp(GenericValidat
or.java:107)
	at
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateMask(FieldChecks.java:27
1)

If I remove the Mask part for this field in validation.xml, everything
seem to work fine and my other 2 validations for the same field seem to
work fine.

Am I missing anything in path settings relating to Validator Framework?

Thanks,
Pani
PS:
Extract form validation.xml
<field property="lastName" depends="required,mask,minlength">
 <msg name="mask" key="errors.onlyalpha"/>
 <arg0 key="ex.register.info.lName"/>
 <arg1 name="minlength" key="${var:minlength}" resource="false"/>  <var>
  <var-name>mask</var-name>
  <var-value>^[a-zA-Z]*$</var-value>
 </var>
 <var>