struts-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich_...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: HELP: about to get datasource of struts and pass to logic beans...
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:08:04 GMT
Take a look at a very good db example app that uses Struts on iBatis.com
caled PetStore 3.

.V

Ricky wrote:
> hi, there,
>
>     with my project i had several queries about get datasource in struts. i know how
to get datasource in struts, just as in myAction, use getDataSource method and return DataSource
object, and go on to get connection ....

>     i also know the logic beans between the Controller and Module, so i create a logic
bean ,i don't know how to get datasourc of pass the datasource, in some tutorial , i got a
way to solve this, create a method getDAO(HttpServletRequest request) and pass the request
to the method to get DataSource, i was lost here, i dont' know what should i return in getDAO,
should i return a DataSource object or others and in my logic bean i can use the datasource
and also get connection , statement and resultset object , there i have to close it after
i finish my process ....what do you think of this i did ? in general, when i got a DataSource,
i will got a connection from datasource and a PrepareStatement and also a ResultSet , when
i finished my process, i can close all object i opened before in final method of try ...catch...experession..
now what should i do to return a proper object in getDAO method and in logic beans i can use
the object to process logic business...

> i appologized for this ... i hope you can give me some suggestion or flow...... thanx!
>
> now here is my flow of struts framework to pass the datasource to the logic beans...
 i hope you can reword if you have some good idea...of correct my mistake... :)