struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Anderson" <>
Subject Re: Using one Action class for several forms
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:05:26 GMT
not sure I fully understand your problem.  This may be the answer you aren't
looking for, but maybe it can help (it just gives the current path):

<%@ page import="org.apache.struts.Globals" %>
<c_rt:set var="mapping_key" value="<%= Globals.MAPPING_KEY %>"/>
<c:set var="mapping" value="${requestScope[mapping_key]}"/>

>From: Wendy Smoak <>
>Subject: Using one Action class for several forms
>Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:49:40 -0700
>Unfortunately Google wasn't too helpful because I'm having trouble
>defining the problem.
>I have a small webapp with a single DynaValidatorForm that holds all the
>I have an Action class called "ViewReport" which handles forwarding to
>the 'input' page, receiving the input, then forwarding to the 'display'
>I've mapped this ViewReport action several times in struts-config:
>,, etc.
>All is well until I get to the JSP, which I'd like to be able to reuse
>for several reports.  But this line trips me up since it seems I have to
>hard-code the name of the Action mapping:
>Short of stuffing something in request scope and using an expression, is
>there a way to pick up the "current" action mapping in the <html:form>
>Wendy Smoak
>Application Systems Analyst, Sr.
>ASU IA Information Resources Management
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups!  Get downloads, videos,
and more here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message