struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <>
Subject Re: ActionMessage(s) + html:messages
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:48:54 GMT

On Dec 1, 2003, at 9:47 AM, otisg wrote:
> Am I doing something wrong here?

>   // saveErrors(request, errors);
>   saveMessages(request, errors);

You shouldn't have changed this part.  The difference between these two
methods is the request attribute name under which the ActionMessages
object is saved; read the JavaDoc for Action and the details for
html:messages for the details, but if you use:
>             <c:out value="${msg}"/>

it will look for an ActionMessages saved with "saveErrors()", not

Joe Germuska
  "We want beef in dessert if we can get it there."
   -- Betty Hogan, Director of New Product Development, National
Cattlemen's Beef Association

View raw message