struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject Using one Action class for several forms
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:49:40 GMT

Unfortunately Google wasn't too helpful because I'm having trouble
defining the problem.

I have a small webapp with a single DynaValidatorForm that holds all the
fields.

I have an Action class called "ViewReport" which handles forwarding to
the 'input' page, receiving the input, then forwarding to the 'display'
page.

I've mapped this ViewReport action several times in struts-config:
balanceSheet.do, transactionDetail.do, etc.

All is well until I get to the JSP, which I'd like to be able to reuse
for several reports.  But this line trips me up since it seems I have to
hard-code the name of the Action mapping:

Short of stuffing something in request scope and using an expression, is
there a way to pick up the "current" action mapping in the <html:form>
tag?

Thanks,
--
Wendy Smoak