struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Using one Action class for several forms
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:49:40 GMT

Unfortunately Google wasn't too helpful because I'm having trouble
defining the problem.

I have a small webapp with a single DynaValidatorForm that holds all the

I have an Action class called "ViewReport" which handles forwarding to
the 'input' page, receiving the input, then forwarding to the 'display'

I've mapped this ViewReport action several times in struts-config:,, etc.

All is well until I get to the JSP, which I'd like to be able to reuse
for several reports.  But this line trips me up since it seems I have to
hard-code the name of the Action mapping:

Short of stuffing something in request scope and using an expression, is
there a way to pick up the "current" action mapping in the <html:form>

Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.
ASU IA Information Resources Management

To unsubscribe, e-mail: