struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott McClure <sc...@smartblob.com>
Subject Status of the GenericDataSource
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 23:29:20 GMT
I am trying to connect to a Postgresql database using the Data-Source
functionality built into struts. Specifically, I am using the
|org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource. I have included all necessary
jars to run the BasicDataSource (commons-pooling, commons-dbcp, etc.)
and I have specified the type of may datasource to be the basic
datasource. Yet, for some reason, Struts keeps searching for the
GenericDataSource. Since this is legacy, it is not able to find it. Does
BasicDataSource depend on the GenericDataSource? Is there something else
I might be missing that would cause Struts to search for the
GenericDataSource?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Scott