struts-user mailing list archives

From Arne Brutschy <mai01...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de>
Subject Textarea validation, using validator and mask
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:54:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to use the validator with a regexp mask on an textarea field.
  There are two problems:

1) even if the regexp allows empty strings and the field is not
    required, the validator reports that the field is invalid. same
    mask works for a simple text input.
2) I'm trying to use the regexp on every line of the textarea, ie:
    Alternate EMail Addresses
       some@one.com
       noone@home.de
    Every line should evaluated by the email target of the validator. But
    this doesn't work. Even empty string don't work.

Anyone noticed this/has a solution? I'm going to try to understand this
javascipt code in the mask target now, perhaps I can fix it.

Regards,
Arne