struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Engle <str...@andyengle.com>
Subject Tags between custom tags not evaluating
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:53:30 GMT
Hi all,

I am writing a web application in which I would like to have a custom
tag that shows some HTML (using some Struts-Form tags) if the tag
evaluates to true.  But the problem is that my tag isn't interpreting
the tags between my custom tags, so my form never shows up.  Here is
what a portion of the source code looks like:

<app:checkLogon showIf="notAuthenticated">

    Username: <html:text property="username" size="10" maxlength="10"/>
    Password: <html:password property="password" size="10"
maxlength="10" redisplay="false"/>

</app:checkLogon>

...but when my page is rendered, the <html:form> tags aren't being
evaluated, so they are present in my HTML code:

    Username: <html:text property="username" size="10" maxlength="10"/>
    Password: <html:password property="password" size="10"
maxlength="10" redisplay="false"/>

Which means my form never shows up on the page.  If I take out my
<app:checkLogon> tags, then all is well.  Otherwise, all is not well.

If someone could point out to me what the problem is I'd really
appreciate it.  If you need my source code for the tag handler I'd be
glad to send that along as well.  Thanks very much!

Andy