struts-user mailing list archives

From Juan Alvarado <>
Subject Re: forward vs redirect ?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:07:06 GMT
I know every situation is different depending on the
environment you are in.

However, the use of redirect to prevent double form
submissions is not an appropriate solution to that
problem. I prefer to use the built in mechanism in
struts (transactional tokens) to solve this problem
for me. This way I can still use the forwarding
mechanism and maintain my application within the
confines of an MVC architecture. If you redirect and
the user bookmarks that page, then anytime the user
goes to that page, he/she will bypass your controller
layer (action) where you could do any kind of
initializations you will need for your users.

In my case I am stuck with redirects because of some
issues with virtual hosting. In this case there is no choice.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: