struts-user mailing list archives

From "Cláudio F. Gil" <c...@mega.ist.utl.pt>
Subject Validating java.lang.Integer field with integer validation fails
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:11:03 GMT
I have a form with a field that has type="java.lang.Integer".
This required by the rest of the application so I can't change it to String.

I'm using the depends="integer" in the field validation but it does not
produce any error when I insert text garbage in the field. Instead it
defaults to 0.

Do I have the type="java.lang.String" to use the integer validation? Is there
any way to verify a field of type java.lang.Integer with the default
verifications provided by the validator plugin?

Thanks,
Cláudio