struts-user mailing list archives

From BaTien Duong <batien.du...@dbgroups.com>
Subject Re: Struts-chain
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:56:46 GMT
Vic Cekvenich wrote:

> BaTien Duong wrote:
>

>  i am able to have struts-chain example (the old
>
>> struts-example with struts-chain built from cvs) up and running using
>> j2sdk1.4.2_02 and tomcat 5.0.14.
>

> Where did you find an example of using a Struts chain?
>
> .V

The struts-example is in cvs/jakarta-struts/contrib/struts-chain
 or in the nightly built of struts-src /jakarta-struts/contrib/struts-chain

There is a built.properties and built.xml to create struts-example war
file using struts-chain. The build process is terrible, so you need to
hack it. Here are the steps i used:
    1) use maven to build jetspeed-2 so i get portlet-api-1.0.jar in my
local .maven/repository. Do not use the one in struts-chain build (I
thing 0.6-dev)
    2) use maven to build commons-chain, so i get commons-chain-0.1.jar
in my local repository. Do not use the one in struts-chain build.
    3) Edit the build.properties using built.properties.sample in
struts-chain directory with your appropriate settings.
    4) Edit the buiild.xml in struts-chain directory with your
appropriate settings. Take out the whole section of Custom Tomcat
Integration.
   5) Use *ant clean dist* command to run against the edited build.xml.
Be patient and correct errors in the build process as you go along.
   6) The result of successful build is
/struts-chain/build/webapps/example/ and
/struts-chain/dist/webapps/struts-chain.war that you can manually copy
to tomcat/webapps directory and run sub app /struts-chain
  7) You may likely have a problem to get struts-example running under
the new design of struts-chain. If this is the case, then compare
contents of struts-chain and old struts-example. Copy the missing of
.dtd and jar files from struts-example to struts-chain.

P.S. I hear you are also looking at HiveMind too. Let's see how we put
struts-chain catalog(s) as a HiveMind service so we can combine the
strength and simplicity of the 2 frameworks into a simple-practical
solution.

BaTien
DBGROUPS