struts-user mailing list archives

From BaTien Duong <batien.du...@dbgroups.com>
Subject Re: Struts-chain
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 23:00:47 GMT
Howdy:

I want to congratulate Struts committers for a very fine work in
Struts-chain and share some of my finding to those who want to get their
feet wet in the CoR pattern.
   1) First, i am able to have struts-chain example (the old
struts-example with struts-chain built from cvs) up and running using
j2sdk1.4.2_02 and tomcat 5.0.14. Some hacks in the build process is
required. I use both ant and maven.
   2) There is very little things to change in existing Struts
application for running under the commons-chain. The design is very clean.
   3) IMHO, when struts-chain has full implementations for portlet, jsf
and the buisiness layer (Ted Whiteboard), struts will definitely rock.
The design pattern for struts-chain context is just simple thread-safe
singleton. The performance can be better, especially when we move to the
implementation for business layer, with cache and pool services.
HiveMind may be a good companion.

BaTien
DBGROUPS