struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [FRIDAY] Why people want to know who read their msg?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:59:59 GMT
On 11/07/2003 09:31 PM David Graham wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone on the Jakarta admin team could set the mailing
>> list software to strip the 'request-confirmation' email header from
>> the mails it sends out? As Yinsheng says, there is no point in them.
>

> You want Jakarta to change its processes to accomodate your use of a
> poorly written email client?  Not likely...

Wow that's a bit harsh. Firstly if you think my email client is poorly
written, you're ... oh hold on, you're right. I can set my
return-receipt handling per email account. What I said before about it
being an application-wide setting was wrong. Sorry.

However despite being wrong about that point, it still would make sense
to strip off that header because, regardless of the email client
software of the listers, that header is useless and anybody using it was
doing so only by mistake. Although in our broadband era it's probably
insignificant, all those return-receipts flying around is a waste of
band-width.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2