struts-user mailing list archives

From Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Question on storing bean in request context
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:58:46 GMT
Good morning (again)

I have an Action that is retrieving a javabean object from my database
(via iBATIS, thank you very much :)) and I need to store that bean
somewhere where a Tile can access it. What I'm doing, is storing it in
the request context (request.setAttribute("item",item)) and then my
Action returns a forward that is mapped to a tile definition. That tile
definition assembles a collection of tiles (which is all working) - the
tile that needs to access the information in the bean, then does this:

jsp:useBean id="item" scope="request" type="com.fiskars.webpdb.ItemBean"

But, when I try to output something, like c:out
value="${item.productName}" - I get nothing, no errors, no exceptions,
nothing.

Any ideas?

--
Brice D. Ruth